THE REALITY IN NIGERIA'S ECONOMY: MY GRASS ROOT EXPERIENCE IN 7-DAYS.


Each time you moved up or down the ladder in Nigeria, you still found that some people still envisage your position either up the ladder or down the ladder. In whichever position we found ourselves on the ladder, let us all endeavour to glorify God for the gift of life above all things.

For the past 7days now in 4yrs, i have been conveying myself and my two sons to school and to office on public transport because i discovered that N220/litre of fuel doesn't make any economic sense when compare with N300 to and fro movement in a public transport that initially used to be N140 to n fro. My business is facing challenges. My income is facing challenges. Maintaining my home is facing challenges and in fact, my relationship with people is facing challenges because i had been confronted recently by a friend with the believe that,i am a stingy person. Be that as it may, i have never lost focus on the need to let my two young sons realized that the situation presently is general and not us alone and as such, my priority is their proper well-being whilst i go on 0-0-1 or 1-0-1 or 1-0-0 as the case maybe. In all these situation, on four occasion, i have had to settle fight between driver and passenger in a commercial car or conductor and passenger in a commercial bus by parting with my money for dispute resolution and i felt fulfilled and praise God that despite my own situation, i could still be better-off many others.

7-days ago, on my way to work, i picked a man and his two daughters at the busstop among several other people stranded due to our present economic situation and drop them off at the daughters school before going to drop my sons at school.

Yesterday at the busstop while struggling to board a bus among hundreds of people, this same man paved the way for me and my two sons to board the bus first because he saw that my sons are still very young compare to his daughters and above all because, one good turn deserves another and i felt like crying but i controlled my emotion.

In any situation i found myself, i am always stronger and i appreciate God for that but the message i am trying to pass is that, truly, Nigerians are suffering through the extravagant lifestyle of our political leaders but we shall overcome.

I am an average person or below average in terms of comfortability in this Country and since i took the decision to join the crowd a week ago, i have seen that truly, i know how our people are facing difficulty and poverty. In my neighbourhood in Ibadan, i never knew that people have been referring to me and my family as " awon eleyi ke! won mo nkan to n sele!" until they saw me partaking in what they thought i didnt know anything about. I didnt do this to please them but to truly understand situation of things different from my own condition.

For us to move forward as a Nation, i have understood better that the leaders must not be far away from the people. By so doing, our problems would be like that shared and half solved.

The reality on ground is that, though there maybe some social media hopefuls but millions of Nigerians out here, in less than 8-days that i had moved round on public transport, have lost hope in that slogan called "change" in the present government.In every occasion that i board public transport for 8-days(16times) to n fro and some other locations i went to during work, i ensured i raise economic debate and the story was the same every day, including today. 

Which way forward Nigerians?

We shall overcome!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OYO STATE PUBLIC SCHOOL PRIVATIZATION INITIATIVE: A DRIVE TOWARDS COLLAPSE OF EDUCATION IN OYO STATE AND STRANGULATION OF THE POOR TO ILLITERACY.

LIQUID SOAP PRODUCTION

NEED FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE IN OUR SOCIETY