LETTER TO PRESIDENT MOHAMMADU BUHARRI ON NATIONAL CARRIER.

Akande Akin Sanyaolu


President Mohammadu Buhari, GCFR
State House
FCT, Abuja.

Your Excellency,

Your excellency Sir, may the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be your light and guide over our Nation, Nigeria. Amen!!
I started this piece with prayer because I know that your greatest challenge is not the problem you are facing in leading Nigeria but the way and manner to handle those you have surrounded yourself with to get the presidential mandate even though its God that gives power.
My dear president, let me point to the fact that, my greatest desire under your democratic dispensation aside the welfare of Nigerians is to see that you resurrect the dead national carrier, Nigerian Airways.
It was a glorious and memorable experience as a young boy in Ikeja in the late 80s and early 90s seeing the green eagle at the tail end of an aircraft in the sky. It gives me great pride to say I am a Nigerian but today, its like part of my happiness over Nigeria is missing. This is a feeling that can't really be quantified.
Your Excellency, I want to believe that as one of your campaign promise to convert part of the presidential fleet into our National carrier, you strongly still have it in plan? I am reminding you because I know that those fleets can be sold and the proceed use as a startup for Nigeria airways again whilst using two of them for the beginning of the air transport business. In doing this, you would have created part of the yearly 3million jobs and the employment would continue to grow as the business grow.
I believe this is the best time for the Nigerian Airways to be resurrected, Mr President Sir.
No matter how poor or broke a nation is, there are still resources at its disposal to run an airline business considering that we are an oil producing Nation. As the naira continued to be devalued and inflation rate on the high side, many airline businesses in Nigeria would be folded up definitely and we have been reading about that already. As bad as this situation may seem, it will open up a leverage for us to use the opportunity within it to the advantage of our nation. Though we complain daily but we know that the end of pain is gain and such gain can be achieved if there are plans on ground to fit into the time the opportunity will arise. Words of mouth alone cannot achieve anything but desire and will power to put those things into action.
Mr President, it is very annoying and painful seeing how foreign and private airlines take over our airports. More appalling is working from Ikeja from Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way towards the Local wing and not seeing the green eagle on top of the aircraft hanger again which now has Arik Airline blue eagle.
As one that believes that our words are our bond, I want to believe that part of those presidential fleets would soon be sold and the proceeds used to achieve this dream and vision.
Your Excellency, in as much as I believe that you are trying your best to stabilize the polity, please be reminded that your best is still not enough because the people are suffering like never before, industries are folding up and many Nigerians are loosing jobs daily and to make matter worst, many of the things close to the heart of the common man are now almost totally out of their reach. Things like kerosine, gas, PMS and diesel shouldn't be a luxury for the citizens of an oil producing Nation. You may mean well sir but we see most of your actions as being laced with bias, nepotism , tribalism and bigotry but I pray and wish daily that you put a lasting solution to these areas pointed out and embrace in totally tolerance and trust over fear of the unknown.
President Mohammadu Buhari Sir, as much as I wish for the success of your government because I campaigned and voted for you, I will never stop being remorseful over my decision to woo others into voting for you as the consequences of your 1year 3onths government over the life of this people each time I see them calls for worry. They may not be able to curse me but I see the message in their eyes. Even me personally, I have bad tales to tell in my business and family but I am not the only one Nigerian involved. In all situation, I bless God but your government must continued to be criticised because we gave you the mandate to manage our commonwealth and sail the ship of state of our Nation.
Mr President, if anyone tells you all is well, please don't believe him or her. I am not saying you should believe me too but to be sure of how many  Nigerians view you and your government now, please take a work out on the street of Lagos or Abuja for an hour. Nobody hates you but the love, believe and hope on your personality to lead us right is fading away. Please make haste to redeem it and prove us all wrong. A stitch in time saves nine.
Without digressing any further sir, please, put a committee in place to see to how those presidential fleets are boarded and the proceeds use to reawaken the national carrier. This is pertinent and expedient especially in a time like this that our economy is facing recession.
This letter may sound funny but it's a piece of my sincere thought and reason that I believe would make your name be written in the sands of time because events in tough time are hard to forget. Please make this one a memorable one.
Sincerely yours.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!
God bless Nigerians!!!
Akande Akin Sanyaolu.
www.aasanyaolu.blogspot.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OYO STATE PUBLIC SCHOOL PRIVATIZATION INITIATIVE: A DRIVE TOWARDS COLLAPSE OF EDUCATION IN OYO STATE AND STRANGULATION OF THE POOR TO ILLITERACY.

LIQUID SOAP PRODUCTION

NEED FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE IN OUR SOCIETY