THE HYPOCRISY OF NIGERIAN YOUTHS: OUR CHILDREN TOO WILL ASK US WHY?


When in the University as a student's leader, I hated protest with passion because I was of the opinion that:
1. it doesn't bring immediate solution but rather compounding the already existing problem
2. It gives an opportunity to people with ulterior motives to execute and perpetrate their plans
3. Its in most time occurring when other means of settling issues have not been exhaustively utilized and so, I prefer dialogue and continued negotiation whilst judiciously putting my brain on paper with pen.
I have never for once hidden this stance and I always embrace criticism from my colleague because that's when I pick my weaknesses most times.
This is not to fumble but to pass home a message because there's Nigeria in every microcosm unit of Nigeria.
Despite my stance, I do always criticise the University government(Management). Those who knew me then understand that I am saying the truth and of course, a handful of professors and colleagues are my friends on facebook reading my posts and comments,knowing fully well that I say things as they were then. I have no cause for once, regretting any of my action and inaction while in the University of Ibadan till date.
Now, this is the message:
It seems like an irony but I really don't know where to classify it in figure of speech but personally its best classify as hypocrisy and an evidence of wasted years in the University reading how the then Aluta maestros and mantra who take solace in going on rampage or protest against the university management on mostly issues that can be settled on round table, are now every where on social media preaching and appealing hope from the people in a glaring failure and abysmal leadership style of the present government.
Its so funny reading comments of those who criticised the university management on poor electricity supply that was not manufactured by the management but now soliciting hope from Nigerians for people who have been voted in the position to coordinate and  manufacture electricity, constructing roads, providing clean and portable water, creating industries and employment but are failing leading to the death of innocent Nigerians, sufferings, hunger and poverty, joblessness, industrial foldup, budget padding, missing loot, contradicting loot figures, recession and many other negative appellation that sooths a failed government.
I don't want to sound a saint but I know where I belong in terms of interest. 100%, my national interest surpasses my personal interest and as such, I must criticise any abysmal action of the government and commend without praise any rational step of the government because the government is existing because of the people. Its a call to service that anyone there deserves no praise as they are being payed to do the work.
If you cannot deliver good governance, resign and leave the place so that competent people take up the job and stop giving us excuses. We know Rome was not built in a day but in building Rome in  100years, every steps taken towards achieving Rome must give an assured hope of a better tomorrow.
And so daily, it seems to me that many of us have had a wasted years of academic education instead of just pursuing self education judging by the level of hypocrisy we daily depicts on social media over this failed government.
To cap it all, many of us don't even display patient and understanding with our parents when they erred in their duties but now on social media, many are political stooges wasting away their future future because of personal sentiments and benefit.
If we are not in government we must make people in that position stand on their toes without hypocrisy because our children will ask us how we came to this level if Nigeria fail.
May Nigeria never fail!!!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Akande Akin Sanyaolu.
www.aasanyaolu.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OYO STATE PUBLIC SCHOOL PRIVATIZATION INITIATIVE: A DRIVE TOWARDS COLLAPSE OF EDUCATION IN OYO STATE AND STRANGULATION OF THE POOR TO ILLITERACY.

LIQUID SOAP PRODUCTION

NEED FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE IN OUR SOCIETY